VA Western New York Healthcare System
VA Western New York Healthcare system has changed to meet the needs of the ever-growing population of women Veterans. Through our Women’s Primary Care Wellness Center, we offer complete health care for women Veterans.
Women’s Health Services at VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Obstetrics and Gynecological Services
- Pap Smears
- Maternity Care
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Mammography/Breast Care Services
- Accredited mammography services
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast surgery (biopsy, mastectomies, reconstruction)
- Full range of cancer treatment (radiation therapy, chemotherapy)
- Sexual Trauma Counseling
- Primary Care
- Bone Densitometry
- Smoking Cessation Programs
- Homeless Women Veterans Program
- Cardiac Rehabilitation/Gender Specific Cardiology Care
- Dietary Consultations
- Persian Gulf Registry
- Urinary Health/Incontinence/Biofeedback
- Women's Substance Abuse Group
- Domestic Violence Support Programs
Health care services for Veterans are provided by VA providers or accredited community providers. Every woman Veteran has the right to a health care provide trained in women’s health. Women may also request a female or male provider at their discretion.
For general information on Women’s health care and benefits, call the Women Veterans Call Center at 1-855-VA-WOMEN (1-855-829-6636).
Free Apps to women Veterans:
Preconception Care App
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.