VA Western New York Healthcare System
The Urology Department at VA Western New York Healthcare System cares for patients with a variety of urologic diseases and conditions. We provide medical and surgical care in urology, including advanced laparoscopy and da Vinci robotic surgery. Along with the medical oncology service, the urology department also provides a comprehensive care for urologic cancers.
Our services include:
- Treating difficult urination and urinary obstruction
- Urinary incontinence workup and management
- Overactive bladder medical treatment and bladder injection of Botox to induce relaxation
- Workup for blood in the urine and treatment of the cause
- Relief of urinary tract stones including medical and surgical management
- Surgical correction of anatomic defects in the urinary tract
- Vasectomy reversal
- Workup for male infertility and varicocelectomy
- Workup and management of urinary tract infections and urinary tract inflammatory
- Surgical correction of testicular torsion
- Correction of congenital defects of kidney obstruction
- Kidney repair or removal for trauma and bleeding.
- Management of erectile dysfunction
- Medical management, injection treatment and surgical shunting for priapism
- Medical and injection management of Peyronie's disease
- Correction of urinary channel fistulas and repair of hypospadias
- Hydrocele aspiration and surgery.
- Ureteral re-implant in the bladder and ureteral substitution by bowel for cancer or injury
- Adrenal surgery for cancer and benign masses, open and laparoscopic
- Bladder cancer including endoscopic surgical treatment as well as bladder removal (partial or radical cystectomy) and urinary diversion for certain stages
- Diagnosis and counseling regarding prostate cancer.
- Surgical treatment of prostate cancer using the da Vinci robotic surgery system and traditional methods
- Diagnosis and treatment of ureteral cancers using endoscopic and open surgical procedures
- Kidney cancer surgery including partial or complete removal of kidney
- Penile cancer surgery
- Testicular cancer surgery
- Insertion of testicular prosthesis
Chemotherapy and radiation for urologic cancers are provided through the medical oncology service, in close coordination.
- Buffalo VA 5D
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.