VA Western New York Healthcare System
Home Based Primary Care
Home based primary care is a group effort between the Veteran, family, caregiver and VA.
Home based primary care is a group effort between the Veteran, family, caregiver and VA. The program uses a multi-discipline team of health care professionals (nurses, doctors, social workers, dietitians, etc.) who work together to create a plan of care specific to each Veteran. The program is designed for homebound Veterans to:
- Improve quality of life
- Restore health and independence
- Reduce the need for admissions and re-admissions to the hospital
- Reduce the length of hospital stays
- Reduce the number of outpatient visits
- Support caregivers in their desire to keep a loved one at home
Home Based Primary Care Provides:
- Medication management and education
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Laboratory draws
- In-home telehealth
- Care coordination between VA and community care providers
Home based primary care referrals are made by the primary care provider.
Buffalo VA Building 5
Batavia VA Building 3, 2nd Floor
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.