Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Stand Down 2014
- The 2014 Stand Down for homeless Veterans held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo assisted 264 Veterans by providing one-stop for VA health care and benefits.
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
- A Baby Shower for Women Veterans
- The Angola VFW Auxiliary Post 5796 and American Legion Auxiliary Post 928 hosted the 3rd annual Baby Shower for women Veterans receiving their care from VA Western New York Healthcare System on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
- New Technology Helps Veterans With Low Vision See
- New technology available through the Low Vision Clinic helps Veterans see by providing them an array of smart devices to live independently and connect with friends and family in ways they couldn’t have years ago.
- Stay on a Healthy Track with TeleMOVE!
- TeleMOVE! is a virtual weight management program that allows Veterans to get their care over the telephone and or with a telehealth device free of charge. Veterans stay on track to lose weight without leaving home.
- Good News For Veterans
- As of March 24, 2014 VA’s annual requirement for Veterans to do a Means Test for non-service connected and 0% service connected Veterans without any special eligibility has been eliminated.
- Substance Abuse
- Stories of substance abuse, relapse and recovery have been increasingly prevalent in the news. High profile celebrities are often featured, but this problem is affecting people from all walks of life.
- Go Red for Women
- Join the VA Western New York Health Care System this Friday, February 7th at Freedom Hall, to help support "Go Red for Women". Show your support for the prevention of heart disease in women by wearing red.
- H.O.P.E. Opens on the Batavia VA Campus
- VA stakeholders, Veterans, delegated officials and the community came out to celebrate the opening of the new building for the Women’s Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Residential Program located at the Batavia VA.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Seeking New Coping Tools for Veterans with TBI
- Cognitive rehabilitation researchers are testing new tools and strategies — from smartphone apps to online brain training — to help Veterans cope with the effects of mild traumatic brain injury.
- "Family" of Patients Appreciate VA Doctor
- Veteran patients of VA doctor in Augusta, Georgia, tell why they “wouldn’t have any other doctor.” Dr. Jianhua Cheng replies that he just wants to do his best and praises the entire Augusta team.
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.