Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Fight Breast Cancer
- During the month of October VA Western New York Healthcare System, 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY will host the following programs to increase awareness and educate Veterans about breast cancer more...
- Kids Korner Open
- VA Western New York Health Care System’s Kids Korner received assurance that the program will continue to serve Veterans and their family members childcare needs for another year.
- Welcome Home 2014
- The Welcome Home Picnic at the Buffalo and Erie County Military and Naval Park for Veterans and their families featured tours of naval ships, entertainment, SSG Christopher Dill’s Cruise-In, motorcycles and monuments.
- Stand Down 2014
- The 2014 Stand Down for homeless Veterans held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo assisted 264 Veterans by providing one-stop for VA health care and benefits.
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
- A Baby Shower for Women Veterans
- The Angola VFW Auxiliary Post 5796 and American Legion Auxiliary Post 928 hosted the 3rd annual Baby Shower for women Veterans receiving their care from VA Western New York Healthcare System on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
- New Technology Helps Veterans With Low Vision See
- New technology available through the Low Vision Clinic helps Veterans see by providing them an array of smart devices to live independently and connect with friends and family in ways they couldn’t have years ago.
- Stay on a Healthy Track with TeleMOVE!
- TeleMOVE! is a virtual weight management program that allows Veterans to get their care over the telephone and or with a telehealth device free of charge. Veterans stay on track to lose weight without leaving home.
- Good News For Veterans
- As of March 24, 2014 VA’s annual requirement for Veterans to do a Means Test for non-service connected and 0% service connected Veterans without any special eligibility has been eliminated.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.