Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Veterans Tell Their VA Story
- Dan Frontera and Jessie Donaldson tell their VA story and why they chose to enroll in VA health care when they came back from serving overseas. They encourage other Veterans to make it their VA too.
- This is My VA
- Dan Frontera, a U.S. Army Iraq War Veteran and a VA health care member since 2006, explains why Veterans, if not currently enrolled or using their VA health care benfits should.
- Remembering Veterans
- When a Veteran passes away at VA Western New York Healthcare System, something special occurs on behalf of those that were with us. A “Remembrance Service” is held to honor the memory of those Veterans.
- Fight Breast Cancer
- During the month of October VA Western New York Healthcare System, 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY will host the following programs to increase awareness and educate Veterans about breast cancer more...
- Kids Korner Open
- VA Western New York Health Care System’s Kids Korner received assurance that the program will continue to serve Veterans and their family members childcare needs for another year.
- Welcome Home 2014
- The Welcome Home Picnic at the Buffalo and Erie County Military and Naval Park for Veterans and their families featured tours of naval ships, entertainment, SSG Christopher Dill’s Cruise-In, motorcycles and monuments.
- Stand Down 2014
- The 2014 Stand Down for homeless Veterans held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo assisted 264 Veterans by providing one-stop for VA health care and benefits.
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
- A Baby Shower for Women Veterans
- The Angola VFW Auxiliary Post 5796 and American Legion Auxiliary Post 928 hosted the 3rd annual Baby Shower for women Veterans receiving their care from VA Western New York Healthcare System on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didnít like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where heís receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, itís difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to Americaís Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.
- To Face Unafraid, the Plans that We've Made
- Food, fun and gifts: At VA medical centers across the country, hundreds of volunteers, community organizations and VA staff come together to help America’s Veterans celebrate the holiday season.