Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- National Salute to Veteran Patients Week
- VA Western New York Healthcare System is celebrating National Salute to Veteran Patients February 8th - 14th, 2015. This week is to honor Veterans and encourage others to volunteer.
- Veterans Tell Their VA Story
- Dan Frontera and Jessie Donaldson tell their VA story and why they chose to enroll in VA health care when they came back from serving overseas. They encourage other Veterans to make it their VA too.
- This is My VA
- Dan Frontera, a U.S. Army Iraq War Veteran and a VA health care member since 2006, explains why Veterans, if not currently enrolled or using their VA health care benfits should.
- Remembering Veterans
- When a Veteran passes away at VA Western New York Healthcare System, something special occurs on behalf of those that were with us. A “Remembrance Service” is held to honor the memory of those Veterans.
- Fight Breast Cancer
- During the month of October VA Western New York Healthcare System, 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY will host the following programs to increase awareness and educate Veterans about breast cancer more...
- Kids Korner Open
- VA Western New York Health Care System’s Kids Korner received assurance that the program will continue to serve Veterans and their family members childcare needs for another year.
- Welcome Home 2014
- The Welcome Home Picnic at the Buffalo and Erie County Military and Naval Park for Veterans and their families featured tours of naval ships, entertainment, SSG Christopher Dill’s Cruise-In, motorcycles and monuments.
- Stand Down 2014
- The 2014 Stand Down for homeless Veterans held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo assisted 264 Veterans by providing one-stop for VA health care and benefits.
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.