Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Veterans Tell Their VA Story
- Dan Frontera and Jessie Donaldson tell their VA story and why they chose to enroll in VA health care when they came back from serving overseas. They encourage other Veterans to make it their VA too.
- Remembering Veterans
- When a Veteran passes away at VA Western New York Healthcare System, something special occurs on behalf of those that were with us. A “Remembrance Service” is held to honor the memory of those Veterans.
- Fight Breast Cancer
- During the month of October VA Western New York Healthcare System, 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY will host the following programs to increase awareness and educate Veterans about breast cancer more...
- Kids Korner Open
- VA Western New York Health Care System’s Kids Korner received assurance that the program will continue to serve Veterans and their family members childcare needs for another year.
- Welcome Home 2014
- The Welcome Home Picnic at the Buffalo and Erie County Military and Naval Park for Veterans and their families featured tours of naval ships, entertainment, SSG Christopher Dill’s Cruise-In, motorcycles and monuments.
- Stand Down 2014
- The 2014 Stand Down for homeless Veterans held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo assisted 264 Veterans by providing one-stop for VA health care and benefits.
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
- A Baby Shower for Women Veterans
- The Angola VFW Auxiliary Post 5796 and American Legion Auxiliary Post 928 hosted the 3rd annual Baby Shower for women Veterans receiving their care from VA Western New York Healthcare System on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
- New Technology Helps Veterans With Low Vision See
- New technology available through the Low Vision Clinic helps Veterans see by providing them an array of smart devices to live independently and connect with friends and family in ways they couldn’t have years ago.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.