Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Veterans Tell Their VA Story
- Dan Frontera and Jessie Donaldson tell their VA story and why they chose to enroll in VA health care when they came back from serving overseas. They encourage other Veterans to make it their VA too.
- Remembering Veterans
- When a Veteran passes away at VA Western New York Healthcare System, something special occurs on behalf of those that were with us. A “Remembrance Service” is held to honor the memory of those Veterans.
- Fight Breast Cancer
- During the month of October VA Western New York Healthcare System, 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY will host the following programs to increase awareness and educate Veterans about breast cancer more...
- Kids Korner Open
- VA Western New York Health Care System’s Kids Korner received assurance that the program will continue to serve Veterans and their family members childcare needs for another year.
- Welcome Home 2014
- The Welcome Home Picnic at the Buffalo and Erie County Military and Naval Park for Veterans and their families featured tours of naval ships, entertainment, SSG Christopher Dill’s Cruise-In, motorcycles and monuments.
- Stand Down 2014
- The 2014 Stand Down for homeless Veterans held on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at the Connecticut Street Armory in Buffalo assisted 264 Veterans by providing one-stop for VA health care and benefits.
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
- A Baby Shower for Women Veterans
- The Angola VFW Auxiliary Post 5796 and American Legion Auxiliary Post 928 hosted the 3rd annual Baby Shower for women Veterans receiving their care from VA Western New York Healthcare System on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
- New Technology Helps Veterans With Low Vision See
- New technology available through the Low Vision Clinic helps Veterans see by providing them an array of smart devices to live independently and connect with friends and family in ways they couldn’t have years ago.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Can Now Track Delivery of Prescriptions
- A VA employee thought if he could track the delivery of his gifts online, why not make it possible for Veterans to track the delivery of their prescriptions the same way? Now, they can.
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.