Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Western New York Healthcare System
- Community Readiness Tested for Terrorist Bombing
- Buffalo VA and other government and community agencies tested their emergency readiness during a mock terrorist bombing exercise held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
- Batavia VA Memorial Walkway
- VA Western New York Healthcare System and Batavia Veterans Alumni Association are honoring Veterans who have passed away by adding a brick with the Veterans name on it to the walkway.
- A Baby Shower for Women Veterans
- The Angola VFW Auxiliary Post 5796 and American Legion Auxiliary Post 928 hosted the 3rd annual Baby Shower for women Veterans receiving their care from VA Western New York Healthcare System on Sunday, April 27, 2014.
- New Technology Helps Veterans With Low Vision See
- New technology available through the Low Vision Clinic helps Veterans see by providing them an array of smart devices to live independently and connect with friends and family in ways they couldn’t have years ago.
- Stay on a Healthy Track with TeleMOVE!
- TeleMOVE! is a virtual weight management program that allows Veterans to get their care over the telephone and or with a telehealth device free of charge. Veterans stay on track to lose weight without leaving home.
- Good News For Veterans
- As of March 24, 2014 VA’s annual requirement for Veterans to do a Means Test for non-service connected and 0% service connected Veterans without any special eligibility has been eliminated.
- Substance Abuse
- Stories of substance abuse, relapse and recovery have been increasingly prevalent in the news. High profile celebrities are often featured, but this problem is affecting people from all walks of life.
- Go Red for Women
- Join the VA Western New York Health Care System this Friday, February 7th at Freedom Hall, to help support "Go Red for Women". Show your support for the prevention of heart disease in women by wearing red.
- H.O.P.E. Opens on the Batavia VA Campus
- VA stakeholders, Veterans, delegated officials and the community came out to celebrate the opening of the new building for the Women’s Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Residential Program located at the Batavia VA.
- New Nurse Executive Appointed
- Patricia Hryzak Lind has been appointed Associate Director for Patient Nursing Services/ Nurse Executive for VA Western New York Healthcare System effective December 16, 2013.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.
- Summer Reminder: Sunglasses Protect Your Eyes
- Veterans should be cautious and protect their eyes from the sun. Good quality sunglasses are recommended when outdoors, even if it’s for a few minutes at a time.
- 10 of the Stories Most Read by Vets on VA Web Site
- The web site for the Veterans Health Administration is a helpful gateway to numerous resources for Veterans and their families. Here are just a few of the most popular features posted this past year.
- VA Health Care System Named Most Wired - Again!
- For the second year in a row, VA has been named to the 2014 “Most Wired” hospitals list, a national survey ranking hospitals leveraging health information technology in new and innovative ways.
- Nurse Navigator Simplifies the Maze for Patients
- Hospitals can be a maze. That’s why Joan Stewart and Debera Charlton are amazing. The Nurse Navigator steer patients through the treatment systems at Montana’s VA Medical Center.
- VA Hosts July 4th Ceremonies for Veterans
- Hundreds of VA employees and volunteers at VA Medical Centers across the country spend their July 4th holiday hosting special events for the men and women we serve — America’s Veterans.
- Senior Veterans Going for the Gold - One More Time
- Hundreds of Veterans are heading to the Ozark Mountains for the Golden Age Games, designed to improve the quality of life for older Veterans with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
- I Cannot Be This Person
- Finding it hard to be home alone or feel comfortable in public places, Laura Hendrixon is determined to get better for her family and her career.